This department takes care of the orbit and other appendages of the eye, like; eyelashes, eyelids. It also comprises of lacrimal system of the eye.
What is Oculoplasty?
Oculoplastic surgery is the cosmetic, corrective, and reconstructive surgery of the eye.
This department deals with various disorders of orbit, eyelids and Lacrimal system.
This department involves the socket in which the eye is placed and also the related structures around the eyes, like eyelid, eyelashes, lacrimal apparatus etc.
Causes & Symptoms
Following are the causes of developing any abnormality in ocular appendages-
- Secondary to any diseases
- Advancing age
- Post traumatic ecchymosis- bluishness of eye
- Painful/ painless swelling in eye lids
- Protruded mass from eyelids
Eyelid and eyebrow:
- Eyelid malpositions
- Eyebrow abnormalities- Trichiasis, distichiasis
- Eyelid tumor
- Orbital tumours
- Orbital fractures
Any blockage in the pathway of tears.
- Ptosis Correction
- Entropion Correction
- Ectropion Correction
- Lids Reconstruction
- Blow out Fracture Management
- Thyroid Ophthalmopathy Management
- Enucleation / Evisceration / Excentration
When to consult a doctor??
- When there is severe pain in the eyes, or after any accident which has left an impact on the eye.
- You should also consult a doctor if any of the above mentioned symptoms get hyped.
- Or if any swelling that has been observed by the patient has grown in size, should report to the doctor
Our Specialist Doctors in Oculoplasty
Dr. K.L. Remsanga
MBBS, DOMS (MCH Ophthal)
PHACO – Surgery
LASIK – Surgery
Dr. Laura V. L. Biakthangi
MBBS (MAMC, Delhi)
Dr. Sudip Chaudhur