EYE CARE COMMUNITY & RESEARCH CENTRE
OPD Timing -
- Dr. KL REMSANGA CLINIC
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Morning 7:30Am – 9:30Am,
Evening 4:30Pm – 7:00Pm
- Dr. LAURA VL BIAKTHANGI CLINIC
Monday & Tuesday 10:00Am – 1:00Am
- OT : Every Tuesday & Friday Morning 6:30Am
The Eye Care Community & Research Centre (also known as EYE CARE CENTRE), Bazar Bungkawn was founded on 1st August 1999 with Mrs. Lalrinawmi Pachuau as its Managing Director. Registered under ‘The Purpose Driven Society’, it was established to cater to the growing ophthalmological needs of the people of Mizoram and to introduce state of the art facilities, with quality and affordable treatment to all.
On 2nd August 2013 Infiniti Phacoemulsification Machine (Alcon) was installed in collaboration with Phaco-Development Unit of Susrut Eye Foundation and Research Centre, Kolkata, by means of which world class facility was provided for cataract patients. Earlier, Diabetic Retinopathy and other Retina cases were regularly referred outside Mizoram due to lack of facility and experts, resulting in huge economic losses and inconveniences for patients. Eye Care Community & Research Centre has addressed this issue by starting Retina clinics, supported by Sri Sankaradeva Netralaya – Guwahati and Susrut Eye Foundation & Research Centre, Kolkata.
Botox injections have also been started with the support of Dr Vipul Sindalya , Neuro-Scientist of ALLERGAN Company, New Delhi, abolishing the need for referral outside Mizoram to avail the facility.
Corneal Refractive Eye Surgeries (LASIK, PRK etc) is another field where hundreds of patients have sought treatment outside the state resulting in inconsiderable financial losses overall individually and for the state. As the mission of the Purpose Driven Society is to provide cheap, convenient, yet quality world Class treatment approachable for the people, World Fastest Excimer Laser EX500 has been installed in collaboration with BB Eye Foundation- Kolkata on 26th September 2015.
Moreover, Eye Care Community & Research Centre is empanelled by Government of Mizoram for Medical Reimbursement of Central / State Govt. Employee on 3rd December 2013. Also it is recently entitled for Rasthriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) and Mizoram State Health Care Scheme from 2016 till dated for reimbursement.
Strength of Staff :
Eye Care Community & Research Centre is governed by the Board of Directors, any administrative is issues of the hospital including recruitment and any major policy matters are in the hands of the Board of Directors.
Board of Directors
Name of incumbent
|Chairman||Mrs. Lalrinawmi Pachuau||Zarkawt|
|Vice – Chairman||Rev. Dr. K. Lalrinthanga||Zarkawt|
|General Secretary||Mr. RC Zoramchhana||Bawngkawn|
|Joint Secretary||Mr. Andrew Lalherliana||Chanmari|
|Financial Secretary||Mr. Lalchhanhima||Zarkawt|
- Board of Director : 7 nos.
- Residential Medical officer : 1 nos.
- Eye Surgeon : 2 nos.
- Staff Nurse : 2 nos.
- PMOAs : 4 nos.
- IV Grade : 4 Nos.
- Optician : 2 nos.
- Visiting Surgeon (From Outside) :
- Dr. R.C Paul, Director & Phaco – Surgeon. Susrut Eye Foundation & Research Centre, Kolkata
- Dr. Aniruddha Maiti, Retina Consultant. Susrut Eye Foundation & Research Centre, Kolkata
- Dr. Harsha Bhattacharjee, Director. Sri Sankaradeva Nethralaya, Guwahati
- Dr. Kasturi Bhattacharjee, LASIK & Oculoplasty Consultant.
Sri Sankaradeva Nethralaya, Guwahati
- Dr. Satyen Deka, Retina Consultant. Sri Sankaradeva Nethralaya, Guwahati
- Dr. Ronel Soibam, Retina Consultant. Sri Sankaradeva Nethralaya, Guwahati
- Dr. Rajesh Chaudhauri, Oculoplasty Surgeon, BB Eye Foundation – Kolkata
- Dr. Sudip Chaudhauri, Refractive Surgeon (LASIK),BB Eye Foundation – Kolkata